Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:14:54AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> This isn't the only misuse of DMUA that exists, some people set it in
> their package instead of asking the sponsor to set it. Others go
> further and do not mention that in debian/changelog nor in their RFS
> mail.

That is generally fine with me -- they need to set the flag on their
side too, so I don't see the point why they shouldn't build the source
package after doing that and thus saving me the (minimal) effort.

I don't think it needs to be reflected in the changelog either, as it
doesn't really concern the packaging as such, but only upload
permissions (also, if I should set it, then I'd have to write the
changelog entry, no?).

Generally, RFS mails should never happen for DMUA packages.

   Simon