Re: RFS: 'snap2' rsync-based backup program with GUI

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Sa, 12 Jun 2010, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> Quite not!!! It is even written in many places that if the upstram ships a debian folder in its tar.gz, we should get in touch and at least ask that it is renamed as debian-upstream or something similar. If you do not trust what I say, go read the policy, new maint manual and such.
>>

> Where please???
>
> Please do not state things without reference.
> I just read skipped the policy without finding *any* statement on first
> sight dealing wiht the existence of debian subdir in the upstream sources.
>
> No I don't trust people stating "it is like taht and that..." unless proof
> is given otherwise.

I am quite sure that I read it somewhere, however, I can't find it again.

Now, let's say you were right, and that this is no in the policy (which
seems to be the
case, but that is not the point), it still adds loads of issues to keep
the debian folder
in the upstream orig.tar.gz.

Even though, I am happy to know that this is not in the policy (more
knowledge is
always valuable) I really your point here to comment on my recommendation to
somebody that obviously is new in doing Debian packaging. He might
choose the
wrong way if you insist too much that it's only recommended!

Thomas