Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

On 2010-06-04, Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> On 06/04/2010 01:36 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> Thanks for spotting this!  I've just uploaded xpdf with a versioned
>> depenedency on libpoppler-dev:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xpdf
>
> Just for the record, it seems that things will break again with poppler 0.13.x.

That should not be a concern for Squeeze, since it will stick with 0.13?

> At least, it does with "my" version of xpdf-poppler. Not sure with yours. But,
> then, I intend to get your version and cherry pick some of the patches that I
> have produced and put them together.
>
> I have one patch, in particular, that would be good to send you.
>
> To be honest, I don't like this "my" and "yours" here. Can we join efforts here?
> I want to have everything integrated, alive and healthy. I don't like fragmented
> efforts.

Indeed, it would be ideal if you could join efforts and introduce xpdf
with the poppler backend. In that case we would be in the great position
to only have to update one single copy of the xpdf code base (poppler)
whenever a security issue is found it it. That's quite crucial to keep
our ever-growing archive maintenable.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to sponsor/review the xpdf upload
myself, but I really hope someone chimes in, that would be a big achievement
for Squeeze.

Cheers,
        Moritz