Re: About package with potential legal risk

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:04:36AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Rather, I think Noel is saying that replacing them quickly, with any
> freely-licensed functional images (even ugly ones), is best. Once
> freely-licensed replacement images are working, other people can suggest
> improvements and do the work of making better images if needed.

There used to be a website where Free Software projects could ask for
icons.  The tree icon for pstree in the psmisc package came from there,
for example.  Unfortunately it appears to have gone.

It's a shame really, as I'm sure there would be some graphically
talented people out there that wouldn't mind drawing icons etc for a
project every now and then, but there doesn't seem a way to find them.

procps (See bug #192635) has wanted a menu icon since 2003.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au