Re: Overriding upstream build system

Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 23:18 +0200 schrieb Stefano Canepa:
> Hi all,
>    I'm trying to release the new gsoap libraries as dynamic libraries,
> as I know I need to release a -dev package with the static libraries
> and I'm not able to patch the autotools files used by gsoap but I
> know how to get the desired result using cmake may I provide a
> CMakelist.txt as a patch and use cmake to build my package?

Why does gsoap ship a diff.gz, which patches all Makefiles from automake
1.9.2 to 1.6.3?

JFTR: The soapcpp2/Makefile.am file defines the libraries in
lib_LIBRARIES. But this is an automake variable and it builds AFAIK
static libraries only. To build the shared library you need libtool and
a corresponding _LTLIBRARIES variable. The patch is trivial, but you'll
need to libtoolize the sources and rerun all autotools.

So it is probably better to talk to upstream.

Regards, Daniel