Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

Le Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 02:47:27PM -0300, Rogério Brito a écrit :

> Just as a quick question, if you use xpdf with the poppler backend, do
> you have poppler-data installed? It contains the character mappings
> established by adobe for fonts...

Thanks, Rogério for the helpful answer.

I was very surprised that installation of poppler-data solved my problem for
evince but not for xpdf, but after reading Michael's answers, it looks that
there is an explanation. I recommand to solve this before uploading xpdf to
main.

By the way, I really think that poppler-data shoud be installed by default on
computers configured for office work. We can not expect users to figure out
that they need this package to see CJK characters. I reported #584503 against
poppler to propose to have libpoppler recommend poppler-data.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles