Re: Please review internal package using a lot of "new" tools

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM, Marc Haber
<mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:12:40AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> In dh_auto_install, does upstream's Makefile not support DESTDIR?
>
> Sadly, incorrectly.
> make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/${PACKAGENAME}
> places the executeable in
> debian/nagios-plugin-check-multi/usr/lib/nagios-plugin-check-multi/check_multi,
> ignoring the setting for libexecdir given on the configure command
> line.
> make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/${PACKAGENAME} \
>   LIBEXECDIR=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins
> seems to do the trick, but I am not too sure whether this is really
> better than the way I did things in the demo package.

Sounds like a buggy configure.ac or Makefile.am.

> Is it common that DESTDIR= needs an absolute path ($(CURDIR)
> prepended)? If I don't do this, the executeable is not even placed in
> the package, but in plugins/debian/nagios-plugin-check-multi/...

Not really sure to be honest.

>> I also note that it uses /tmp/check_multi and wonder if that enables
>> any symlink attacks.
>
> That is configurable. I could probably create
> /var/cache/nagios-plugin-check-multi in postinst and use that as
> tmpdir. Better idea?

Definitely. Getting upstream/nagios3 to use a better default would be good too.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise