Re: Please review internal package using a lot of "new" tools

Hi,

I really appreciate your comments.

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:12:40AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Marc Haber
> <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> wrote:
>
> > I would appreciate if you could comment.
>
> dh --with-quilt isn't needed if you're using dpkg-source v3

ok, removed.

> If you call dh_auto_configure -- ... instead of ./configure ... it
> will add --prefix for you.

Done.

> The test parts of override_dh_auto_build should go into
> override_dh_auto_test.

Done.

> In dh_auto_install, does upstream's Makefile not support DESTDIR?

Sadly, incorrectly.
make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/${PACKAGENAME}
places the executeable in
debian/nagios-plugin-check-multi/usr/lib/nagios-plugin-check-multi/check_multi,
ignoring the setting for libexecdir given on the configure command
line.
make install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/${PACKAGENAME} \
   LIBEXECDIR=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins
seems to do the trick, but I am not too sure whether this is really
better than the way I did things in the demo package.

Is it common that DESTDIR= needs an absolute path ($(CURDIR)
prepended)? If I don't do this, the executeable is not even placed in
the package, but in plugins/debian/nagios-plugin-check-multi/...

> You can use $(CURDIR) instead of $(shell pwd), that will save a few
> process spawnings.

Done.

> I also note that it uses /tmp/check_multi and wonder if that enables
> any symlink attacks.

That is configurable. I could probably create
/var/cache/nagios-plugin-check-multi in postinst and use that as
tmpdir. Better idea?

Thanks again.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190