Re: RFS: cppcheck, new upstream version 1.43

George Danchev wrote:
Joachim Reichel writes:

I checked the package and found no problems. Can't you just remove the
--enable=possibleError option from the manpage (it's not listed in the -h
output)?

Then I'll upload the package right away.

I removed --enable=possibleError, --all and --auto-dealloc. I missed the --all from the changelog, I hope that doesn't matter?

These are in version 1.43-3, which was uploaded, but doesn't yet show on
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cppcheck/

(After uploading 1.43-2 I noticed that --auto-dealloc should be removed also.)

halfway 557045, both are low priority and I hesitate to judge they worth the risk upon release [1]. OTOH, to be honest I haven't seen cppcheck 1.42-1 (from unstable and testing) to choke on or to omit any blatant programming error, but perhaps I was just being lucky. I don't mind an upload, I'm just unsure of gain/risk ratio with 1.43.

Well I can't guarantee that the version is error free, nor can I can even guarantee that it is better than the previous version.

But Cppcheck has 89.7% line coverage in unit tests and the tests cover a lot of different situations, so the checking part itself should be quite stable.

--
Reijo