Re: RFS: cppcheck, new upstream version 1.43

Joachim Reichel writes:
> Hi,

Hi,

> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cppcheck/cppcheck_1.43-1.dsc
> >

> > Now, a few things worth mentioning:
> > - This version is not compatible with previous version, because:
> > --enable=possibleError prints out error message with this version
> > (possibleError feature is complitely disabled in this version, so to fix
> > it one should just remove that option if it is used)
> > - Man page (which comes from upstream) is not up-to-date considering the
> > above change (I filed a ticket about it to upstream and will probably
> > fix it myself for the next release).
> >
> > Should this version still be uploaded?
>
> I checked the package and found no problems. Can't you just remove the
> --enable=possibleError option from the manpage (it's not listed in the -h
> output)?
>
> Then I'll upload the package right away.

Having more sponsors of cppcheck is just great, since I think it requires at
least few minutes/hours walking through hopefully unusual sources (think of
the worst project you have ever seen, and cppcheck authors eventually never
seen;-) before uploading. Although this release fixes a bug I reported and
halfway 557045, both are low priority and I hesitate to judge they worth the
risk upon release [1]. OTOH, to be honest I haven't seen cppcheck 1.42-1 (from
unstable and testing) to choke on or to omit any blatant programming error,
but perhaps I was just being lucky. I don't mind an upload, I'm just unsure of
gain/risk ratio with 1.43.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/05/msg00000.html

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>