Re: RFS: iptotal (updated package) (2nd try)

Hello Hauke,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 18:42, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Ignace,
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:19:23PM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:55, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:
>> > I'm not convinced your fix is the best way to go. Is iptotal unusable
>> > with apache2? I thought it would be better to support apache2 and
>> > perform better checks (however you do that) in post* for the web server
>> > reloads. Don't you think?
>>
>> As iptotal should work with other web-servers supporting CGI, I chose
>> to remove the automatic linking and reloading of apache's
>> configuration.
>> I find it "cleaner" to start the iptotal daemon, and let the user
>> enable the cgi samples that are shipped within the package, and reload
>> his webserver. What do you think about that?
>
> On a second look at the package I found that this is probably the best
> aproach, yes. I would suggest mentioning such in a README.Debian file
> where you could also write about the files being moved around in
> postinst. But that's your call. As a user I would probably be confused
> if files moved from /var/www to /usr/lib to /var/lib. :)

I have added a README.debian explaining the directory changes, and the
way to configure iptotal with apache2.

(I also modified the README.source file to state quilt instead of dpatch.)

> Also, I just saw postrm is empty basically. Please remove it.

Thank you for noticing that. The file has been removed.

> PS: No need to CC me, btw :)

Done ;)

I have uploaded a new version of the package on m.d.n [1].

Cheers,
 Ignace M

[1] The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/iptotal/iptotal_0.3.3-12.dsc