Re: RFS: iptotal (updated package) (2nd try)

Hello Hauke,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:55, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:09:28AM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.3.3-12
>> of my package "iptotal".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> iptotal    - monitor for IP traffic, not requiring SNMP
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 572246 (grave), 574121 (important)
>
> I'm not convinced your fix is the best way to go. Is iptotal unusable
> with apache2? I thought it would be better to support apache2 and
> perform better checks (however you do that) in post* for the web server
> reloads. Don't you think?

As iptotal should work with other web-servers supporting CGI, I chose
to remove the automatic linking and reloading of apache's
configuration.
I find it "cleaner" to start the iptotal daemon, and let the user
enable the cgi samples that are shipped within the package, and reload
his webserver. What do you think about that?

Kind regards,
 Ignace M