Re: migration to testing

[Mike Hommey]
> There is a general problem with fuse, actually. fuse-utils is needed by
> any program using libfuse and allowing users (i.e not root) to mount a
> filesystem: In this case, libfuse uses fusemount to do the mount, since
> mount(2) is unfortunately a CAP_SYS_ADMIN syscall, and fusemount is
> suid root, allowing the fs to be mounted.

If there are particular entry points into libfuse that cause it to
require fuse-utils, it seems to me you could express the dependency
conditionally via the .symbols file.  Not that I've ever tried it, but
deb-symbols(5) indicates that this sort of flexibility is possible.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/