Re: migration to testing

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 02:16:58PM +0300, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> One of my packages, fuse-convmvfs (uploaded by a sponsor), cannot
> migrate to testing. The migration is blocked by kfreebsd:
>
> * fuse-convmvfs/kfreebsd-amd64 unsatisfiable Depends: fuse-utils
> * fuse-convmvfs/kfreebsd-i386 unsatisfiable Depends: fuse-utils
>
> What is the recommended way of solving this?

fuse-utils is not build on kfreebsd-(amd64|i386) since it's
Linux-specific, see #528537:

| Please find below a patch to add GNU/kFreeBSD support to fuse. On this
| system, the kernel module and the utilities are provided in a separate
| source package called fuse4bsd. That's why the patch disable fuse-utils
| on non Linux systems.

Given previous versions of fuse-convmvfs exist in testing, I guess the
package is meant to be usable on kfreebsd even without fuse-utils
available. That would mean fuse-utils is actually a recommend ?

You might ask kfreebsd porters on debian-bsd list for details.

--
Simon Paillard