Re: RFS: collectl

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> The basic problem is that while there's potentially some use to the idea
> of separating out architecture-independent build requirements, Lintian
> wasn't really checking that.  In order to support this, you have to very
> carefully structure your debian/rules so that the architecture-independent
> parts aren't run by the buildds.  (Which, at the moment, is actually
> impossible since the buildds don't use build-arch.)

It is possible to do that by ignoring policy and having debian/rules
build depend on build-arch only and not on build-indep. I remember
pkg-gis having to do that for mapserver many years ago. When
maintainer-built .debs are finally thrown away and the required
handling for arch all packages gets implemented on the buildds, I
imagine the buildds will have to change to using build-arch instead?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise