Re: Debhelper: LDFLAGS

* Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, 2010-12-19, 20:16:
When you say that setting the custom LDFLAGS doesn't work, have you
actually exported them? :) If you just do LDFLAGS=... or LDFLAGS != ... or LDFLAGS := ..., make(1) will only use the new value *within the Makefile itself*, it won't be passed to child processes such as the configure script.

This is all true, but I don't think this is the culprit here. dpkg-buildpackage puts LDFLAGS into environment, so it would be exported even if you didn't use the "export" keyword.

If we are still talking about the gummi package, I just put

export LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed

at top of debian/rules and the dpkg-shlibdeps warnings went away.

--
Jakub Wilk