Re: Debhelper: LDFLAGS

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 08:53:01PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, 2010-12-19, 20:16:
> >When you say that setting the custom LDFLAGS doesn't work, have you
> >actually exported them? :)  If you just do LDFLAGS=... or LDFLAGS
> >!= ... or LDFLAGS := ..., make(1) will only use the new value
> >*within the Makefile itself*, it won't be passed to child
> >processes such as the configure script.
>
> This is all true, but I don't think this is the culprit here.
> dpkg-buildpackage puts LDFLAGS into environment, so it would be
> exported even if you didn't use the "export" keyword.

Erm, yes, but dpkg-buildpackage doesn't see the LDFLAGS modified
in the rules file either, does it?  If you put into the rules file
a line saying "LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed" without the export keyword,
it would still not work - that was the point of my explanation,
just as you say below :)

> If we are still talking about the gummi package, I just put
>
> export LDFLAGS=-Wl,--as-needed
>
> at top of debian/rules and the dpkg-shlibdeps warnings went away.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org