Re: RFS: tenshi (updated)

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 14:40, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Ansgar,

> sorry for the late reply, the mail got a bit lost at the bottom of my
> mailbox.

No worries. It is my turn to say sorry for replying this late. I kind
of have been swamped by my work lately..

> Ignace Mouzannar <ghantoos@ghantoos.org> writes:
>>> Upgrading from 0.11-1 fails:
>>>
>>>  Updating tenshi user's home directory ...
>>>  usermod: user tenshi is currently logged in
>>
>> Oops, my daemon must have not been running when I tested my package.
>> Sorry about that.
>>
>> The error was due to the -R flag that was passed to dh_installinit in
>> the past release: it prevented the upgrade process from stopping the
>> daemon before the new installation started.
>>
>> I have corrected this behavior by adding a preinst script that stop
>> the daemon. But I'm not sure this is the best way to go. Is it?
>
> I think it should be okay.

Great! :)

>> Here are the relevant parts of the new changelog:
>> /
>> | tenshi (0.11-2) unstable; urgency=low
>> |
>> |   * debian/control:
>> |    (...)
>> |     - Set debhelper dependency back to (>= 7) as dh_overrides are not used by
>> |       debian/rules anymore.
>
> You still use the "--with quilt" feature which requires debhelper 7.0.8.

Absolutely true. I have set it to 7.0.8 (in debian/control and
debian/changelog).

> I noticed two other small things in the init script which might be nice
> to have fixed in the next upload (I don't think it is important enough
> to get it included in Squeeze):
>
>  · In do_start, one time $DAEMONUSER is used and one time the expanded
>   value for it ("tenshi").
>  · In the stop action, the process with the pid from $PIDFILE is killed
>   without making sure it is actually the right process.  A stale pid
>   file might point to another process.

A new upstream version has been released. I'll make sure to include
these changes when packaging it (post-squeeze).

I have uploaded the changes on m.d.n [1].

Thank you again for your support.

Cheers,
 Ignace M

[1] - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tenshi