Re: RFS: gummi - GTK+ based LaTeX editor with auto refreshing preview pane

Thanks for checking, Jakub,

On 10.12.2010 19:42, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * "Uploaders:" is empty. If the package doesn't have any co-maintainers,
> * just remove the field.

... removed.

> * Why "Priority: extra"?

Right, switched to "optional".

> * "Section: tex" would be better than "misc".

Reasonable, done.

I've followed Texworks with both, but Texmaker has also this.

> * Regarding the package description, is it important that the software
> is written in C? I'd omit this information.

Right that's useless, fixed.

> * Dependencies on shared library packages are normally generated
> automatically by dpkg-shlibdeps. Unless you known what you are doing,
> you should not put explicit names of shared library packages into Depends.

All right, fixed.

> BTW, dpkg-shlibdeps issues a couple of warnings:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be
> avoided if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided
> if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked against it
> (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if
> "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked against it (they
> use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if
> "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked against it (they
> use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be
> avoided if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be
> avoided if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be
> avoided if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided
> if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked against it
> (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be
> avoided if "debian/gummi/usr/bin/gummi" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).

Yes. Mhm ... I've forwarded this to the developers.

> * debian/watch is... weird. How about something like this:
>
> version=3
> http://dev.midnightcoding.org/redmine/projects/gummi/files \
> /redmine/attachments/download/(?:\d+)/gummi-(.+)\.tar\.gz

Fixed.

> * Lintian complains:
> I: gummi source: quilt-patch-missing-description changeset_r637.diff

> * Apparently new upstream version (0.5.5) is available.

That one is the same as 0.5.4 + changeset_r637.diff. I've bumped to 0.5.5-1 and removed the patch:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gummi/gummi_0.5.5-1.dsc

> * Toolbar looks a bit appalling here (see the attachment).

Mhmm, don't know what happened there, but here it's o.k.

Greetings,
Daniel

--
http://www.danielstender.com/granthinam/