Re: RFS: bsnes

Thanks for your input, Etienne.

> Please also note that I am the new maintainer of zsnes. Maybe we can
> discuss (off-list) about problems we might have in common. You might
> also be interested in joining the Debian Games Team.

That sounds good.

> So, my remarks :
>
>   - Your _source_ package is lintian clean. However, the .debs are
>   	not :
>
>   	P: bsnes: no-upstream-changelog
>   	E: bsnes:
> menu-icon-not-in-xpm-format /usr/share/pixmaps/bsnes.png I:
> bsnes-snesreader: extended-description-is-probably-too-short P:
> bsnes-snesreader: no-upstream-changelog

I noticed that too, when using the extra switches to show the ordinarily
suppressed tags. Upstream doesn't provide a changelog, and my
description is long enough to adequately describe a simple package. I
should fix the menu icon, though.

>   - I don't know if splitting in two packages is really necessary, as
>   	few people would use uncompressed roms.

It's not necessary, it could go either way. Upstream intentionally
keeps them separate, and so I do too. There are 3 different ways to
compile bsnes, one with higher accuracy and another with better
performance. In the future, I might create 3 separate bsnes binaries,
and then I would have to put snesreader in it's own package anyway.

>   - bsnes-snesreader does not make sense without bsnes, so it should
>   	probably recommend it (or depend on it in case it is
> necessary).

I wanted to avoid circular dependencies (or recommendations). But
thinking about it further, you might be right.

>   - debian/rules seems nice to me.

Thank you.

>   - Maybe you can convert debian/patches to DEP-3.

I hadn't heard of that, but it looks like a good idea.

-Brandon