Re: RFS: bsnes

> bsnes is an accurate SNES emulator. Games running in bsnes don't have
> most of the glitches and crashes that you find in other emulators such
> as zsnes. The interface is fairly simple, straightforward, and keyboard
> and mouse friendly. The audio, best I can tell, is perfect. The code
> quality, while it has several oddities, is above average.

Hello,

I am not a DD, so I can't sponsor your package. However, I did a quick
review and have some remarks.

Please also note that I am the new maintainer of zsnes. Maybe we can
discuss (off-list) about problems we might have in common. You might
also be interested in joining the Debian Games Team.

So, my remarks :

  - Your _source_ package is lintian clean. However, the .debs are
  	not :

  	P: bsnes: no-upstream-changelog
  	E: bsnes: menu-icon-not-in-xpm-format /usr/share/pixmaps/bsnes.png
  	I: bsnes-snesreader: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
  	P: bsnes-snesreader: no-upstream-changelog

  - I don't know if splitting in two packages is really necessary, as
  	few people would use uncompressed roms.

  - bsnes-snesreader does not make sense without bsnes, so it should
  	probably recommend it (or depend on it in case it is necessary).

  - debian/rules seems nice to me.

  - Maybe you can convert debian/patches to DEP-3.

Regards,

--
Etienne Millon