Re: RFS: aspell-kk

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Has this dictionary been submitted to aspell upstream?  I am guessing
> the patch tracker at [1] might be a good place to try.

OK.

> I'm not a DD so I can't upload your package, but here are a few
> nitpicks.
>
> . It seems this uses aspell 0.60 format.  Shouldn't the package use
>   Provides: aspell6-dictionary, then?

In Debian Spelling Dictionaries and Tools Policy[1] I can't find any
information on it. Possibly there are another documents with guidelines on
the dictionaries packaging?

> . debian/rules could be made much simpler by using dh.  Not a problem
>   but it would make me happier to have less to read. :)
>   (In that format, it becomes obvious what specific customizations a
>   package has made to the usual sequence.)

I'm using debhelper to build a package.

> . Similarly, I wonder if debian/postinst and debian/postrm are needed.
>   Won't debhelper set those up automatically?

AFAIK, "set -e" and "exit 0" are recommended to use in maintainer scripts by
Debian Policy.

> Cc-ing Mahyuddin Susanto, who is packaging[2] an Indonesian aspell
> dictionary.  Maybe you would have some advice for each other about
> aspell packaging policy (about which I know nothing).

OK.

1. http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html

--
Timur