Re: RFS: aspell-kk

Hi Timur,

Timur Birsh wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>> I'm not a DD so I can't upload your package, but here are a few
>> nitpicks.
>>
>> . It seems this uses aspell 0.60 format.  Shouldn't the package use
>>   Provides: aspell6-dictionary, then?
>
> In Debian Spelling Dictionaries and Tools Policy[1] I can't find any
> information on it. Possibly there are another documents with guidelines on
> the dictionaries packaging?

Not that I know of.  Anyway, it seems I was wrong here (or rather
outdated: 5½ years ago I would have been right) and

	Provides: aspell-dictionary

is right after all.  Sorry for the confusion.

>> . debian/rules could be made much simpler by using dh.  Not a problem
>>   but it would make me happier to have less to read. :)
>>   (In that format, it becomes obvious what specific customizations a
>>   package has made to the usual sequence.)
>
> I'm using debhelper to build a package.

Nothing wrong with that. :)  See [1] for the variation I was suggesting.

>> . Similarly, I wonder if debian/postinst and debian/postrm are needed.
>>   Won't debhelper set those up automatically?
>
> AFAIK, "set -e" and "exit 0" are recommended to use in maintainer scripts by
> Debian Policy.

Doesn't debhelper add those automatically?

In other words, for curiosity's sake I'd suggest removing
debian/postinst and debian/postrm, rebuilding and reinstalling the
package, and looking at

	/var/lib/dpkg/info/aspell-kk.{postinst,postrm}

FWIW I didn't test your package but I didn't see anything that should
prevent someone from uploading it.

Thanks for your work,
Jonathan

[1] http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/debhelper_dh_overrides/