Re: RFS: 9menu (updated package, Second try)
· Does the README provide any information relevant to the user that is
not already provided elsewhere (e.g. in the copyright file)?
If not, it should not be installed.
I think that the README file is very important in any package, the
README file has important descriptive information and explain what each
· The older patches still have a dpatch header. It would be nice if
they instead had an informative header similar to the one in your
· About the changelog entries: Please do not just mention which files
you touched (that can be seen in the diff), but describe a bit what
(and why) you changed something. Especially group things you write
by "changes", not by file names:
* Do not link with Xext: we do not use it.
- Remove libxext-dev from Build-Depends.
- New patch: 06_Imakefile.diff
is more informative than
+ Removed libxext-dev in B-D, it's not necessary
+ Added, to fix dpkg-shlibdeps: warning
where other people have to find the connection themselves.
(Same for the switch from override_* targets to files in debian/.)