Re: RFS: clipit

Hi Cristian,

Cristian Henzel wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "clipit".
>
> * Package name    : clipit
>   Version         : 1.2.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Cristian Henzel <oss@web-tm.com>
> * URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkclipit/
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Section         : misc
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> clipit     - lightweight GTK+ clipboard manager

> The upload would fix these bugs: 603131

I just did a quick review of your package:

 - lintian reports the following two issues, that you might want to fix:
    * I: clipit source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
    * W: clipit source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.1)

 - Your debian/rules file could only contain the default rule; the
   changelog is automatically installed.

 - You can remove the debian/docs file; these files are automatically
   installed.

 - In debian/copyright:
    * Patterns such as keybinder.{c,h} are not
      allowed; you could use keybinder.? instead, or enumerate both file
      names.
    * I think your Format-Specification should point to a specific
      revision, such as [1].
    * You could factorize at least the GPL-3+, to avoid repetition (only
      mention GPL-3+ throughout the file, and have a standalone License
      section at the end).

    [1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135

 - You have a patch in debian/patches; since you are the upstream
   author, are you going to apply it upstream or is this intentional?

 - When compiling the package, I get some warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps
   that maybe you could try and fix (see at the very end of this email).

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht

---
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libatk-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).