Re: Request for voluntary package reviews

On 10/31/2010 12:03 AM, chrysn wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 09:49:41PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>> I have recently sponsored your packages downloadstatusbar and visolate.
>
> thanks; i've received the messages, just waited for the package to pass
> through NEW for confirmation.
>
>> As many others are still looking for sponsors for their packages, and
>> in a follow-up to [1], I would like to ask you to give back to the
>> community, if you feel happy about your package having been uploaded
>> to Debian archives.
>
> i wasn't aware that mentors is used like this -- it might be useful to
> have this stated on mentors.debian.net, the start page text mainly
> emphasizes on the different roles of developers as sponsors and
> non-developers as sponsees.
>
> as a result, i just subscribed to mentors.

The reviewing of packages is not an immediate requirement, neither for DDs
nor for anyone else. However, the distribution would not work without it.
With your first package in the distribution, the DM status is only a formality,
really. I understood Michael's stimulus rather as a continuation of his
initial mentoring, i.e. a training for your Debian Developer status.

Your review was fine, from what I saw. You may want to ask Michael to
advocate you if you are not on the NM already.

Steffen