Re: RFS: morse (New upstream release)

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 09:57:09AM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Nanakos Chrysostomos
> <nanakos@wired-net.gr> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 08:02:33PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:
> > Fixed.

> > Fixed.
> >
> >> One more thing, the "install" target is missing in upstream Makefile.
> >> So, the "install" stage in debian/rules also fails.
> > Fixed.
> >
> > Re-uploaded the fixed package to mentors.d.n.
>
> Your fixes look good. But repacking pristine tarball is not a good
> practice. Please use debian/patches/ instead, as your package is
> already in "3.0 (quilt)" format.
>
> In doing so, please just use the downloaded upstream tarball as-is
> (no need to rename the directory to morse-2.2-orig), then *rename*
> (not repack) the tarball to morse_2.2.orig.tar.gz.

Please advice me and show where is the real problem with that.

> Please make sure not to modify source files directly. Always
> use quilt to produce patches.

There is source file modification because this is a newe upstream release.

> In previous version, 2.1-4, you had 6 patches in debian/patches/.
> Is there a good reason to drop all of them? If so, please log it
> in your debian/changelog. Or you may resurrect some patches,
> such as 00makefile, 01morseX11 you are currently applying.

These patches have been included to this new upstream release.
There is no need to keep and increase the number of applied patches.

> In fact, the patch to add morseX11.1 and morseLinux.1 manpages
> can be replaced by adding them under debian/ and use dh_installman
> (and the list in debian/manpages) to install them.

I have build the package and installed it without any problems. dh_installman
seems to work fine for the moment.

> The patches from previous version, however, refer to the ITA bug
> (http://bugs.debian.org/553991) which is not relevant to the problem
> they are fixing. So, if you are using them in the new version, please
> just drop the Bug-Debian: field if it does not actully fix the bug.

No I am not using them.

> After all, don't forget to log changes from previous version you have
> done, including the added Recommends: and debian/rules changes.

Fixed and reuploaded the package to mentors.

Cheers,
Chris.