Re: RFS: minidlna

[...]

> It seems like a clever thing to do in {pre,post}inst: there's no need to
> create a default minidlna user:group if something else is already set in
> the default file; I'm just unsure if it should create the user:group
> found in the default file if they do not exist already (if they do not
> exist, they were most likely removed by the user manually, and
> re-creating them silently as system users seems like a bad idea).
>
> And in postrm, I would not remove any user:group except
> minidlna:minidlna, which was normally created by preinst.
>
> Is this what you had in mind? I'll implement those changes, and upload a
> new version soon.

[...]

Well, actually I would have been ok with the naive use&create/remove whatever
the user specified in defaults; but you're absolutely right, you could and
should be more careful here. I think it would be fine to abort in case user and
group are not equal to minidlna and do not exist.

Cheers,
Michael