Re: Proposal: a simple package peer-review using the BTS.

Le Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 09:36:43AM +1030, Karl Goetz a écrit :
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:45:56 +0900
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > following our discussion in the ‘Four days’ thread, here is a simple
> > proposal for organising package peer reviews using the BTS.
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/PackageReview
>
> * How are partial reviews handled? one of the problems which is likely
> to steer people away from large packages is the time required to do a
> full review.
> * Is this review intended as a packaging review, or the full package
> (eg, including licence checks).

Hi Karl,

I see the whole system as quite informal. The most important is to contribute
some useful feedback. If a partial review uncovers some problems that will keep
the maintainer busy for a while, it is better to tell earlier than later.
Conversely, if a maintainer would like some feedback on a precise point, like
license checks, he can write it in his request.

Contributing reviews should not be a barrier for receiving ones. The reason I
try to insist in the proposal that requesters should review somebody else's
package, is to encourage beginners to do reviews. There are always things that
will be seen by the fresh eye, while the maintainer progressively became
blind to.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy