Re: Four days

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Charles Plessy wrote:

Le Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 11:08:05AM -0400, Asheesh Laroia a écrit :

It's a really good idea... maybe I should actually ask my sponsorees to review other people's packages on the debian-mentors list as a sort of social "trade" -- I upload if you join the review team.

Hi all,

This reminds me a site that I discover today in the Dreamhost newsletter, http://feedbackroulette.com/. I have not found source code, but the idea is simple and could be translated to an anonymous package review system. Perhaps that could be implemented with ikiwiki ? (http://joey.kitenet.net/blog/entry/anonymous_git_push_to_ikiwiki/)

Otherwise, if anonymicity is not necessary for the review, a simple system could be implemented with WNPP bugs and usertags. You can have a look at http://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview for a (not so successful) example.

Thank you for your efforts to improve debian-mentors. I am sure that everybody has good intentions, but with such a high traffic it is just too easy to lose momentum.

Interesting ideas. I'm not going to spearhead such an effort in the near future, but I like the concept (and if someone wanted to rope me in as a *user* of such a system, I probably would join up).

-- Asheesh.

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.