Four days

Hey everyone,

Niels Thykier and I were talking on #debian-mentors. I was saying that I find the debian-mentors list kind of lonely and impersonal -- it's mostly RFSs, and so many emails don't even get an answer.

How depressing!

So I was thinking it would be nice if every email thread got a public reply within four days. That's a goal that Niels and I have set, and we hope maybe some of you help too. Even if we reply, "Eek, I'm swamped. Try again later," I figure that is nicer than hearing nothing back.

In general, I encourage mentees and mentors to consider 4 days the timeout on your debian-mentors conversations. So if you email your usual sponsor and don't hear an answer within 4 days, try once more. After another four days, email the list asking for a sponsor (explaining that you have a normal sponsor).

I'm hoping to take some of the uncertainty out of the process. What do you guys think?

And what other cultural improvements can we make to debian-mentors? What else can we do to make this place supportive and helpful for the progress of y'all mentees into sparkly Debian contributors and developers?

-- Asheesh.

--
An honest tale speeds best being plainly told.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"