Re: RFS: ase - Allegro Sprite Editor

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your advice.

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 08:35:35AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Kan-Ru Chen <koster@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > The files under third_party/freetype should be mentioned, too.
>
> In addition, we do not like embedded code copies in Debian. Please
> ensure that, at minimum, the package does not build against any
> embedded code copies, the best way to do that is rm -rf during
> debian/rules build.

I've already patched the makefiles to link against debian libraries
except for one "vaca" which isn't packaged and I don't think it's
interesting/worth packaging.  Anyway I'll remove the other libraries
during debian/rules build to be sure that I'm doing it right.

> Best practice would be to get upstream to remove
> any embedded code copy dependencies from the tarball. If they need
> them for platforms without a sane packaging and repository system then
> they can add a second tarball containing all the dependencies.

Upstream is very responsive, I'll ask.

--
Oscar Morante
"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is."