Re: RFS: packagekit

2010/8/31 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias@nlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> new wiki pages have been created. (I basically took the information from Fedora)
>
> Please move them under the PackageKit namespace, so...
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/PackageKit/PackageItemNotFound
> and so on
>
> Also, what was the license for the Fedora pages? Please ensure that
> the Debian wiki is in compliance with that license.

I was reading through the wiki and found this,

* Debian does not include software that is encumbered by software patents.

This statement is correct for Fedora, but we have many *known* patent
encumbered software in our repos like mp3 codec, ffmpeg etc. So I
think, this item can be removed.

Thanks
Praveen
--