Re: how to correct missing changelog information?

Le Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:31:44PM -0400, Eric Cooper a écrit :
> I recently uploaded a new version of a package and forgot to include a
> (closes: #NNN) line in the changelog for a bug that was closed.  I can
> easily close the bug using the mailserver, but what is the right way
> to correct the changelog file?
>
> Will it break anything if I simply "revise history" and change the
> earlier version's entry the next time I do an upload?

Dear Eric,

the right way is to close the bug with the correct version information, either
by sending an email to the NNNNNN-done@bugs.debian.org email with an
appropriate pseudo-header, or by sending an email to control@bugs.debian.org,
again with the version information.

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#close

Then, for the changelog I think that it is a matter of taste. I am not aware of
one piece of our infrastructure that documents that amending changelogs would
break it. In that particular case, I think that it will not hurt if the
information is corrected.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles