Re: RFS: scrot (updated package, fix a bug)

Hello

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM, George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
> William Vera writes:
>> Dear mentors,
>
> Hi,
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8-12
>> of my package "scrot".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> scrot      - command line screen capture utility
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 586769
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scrot/scrot_0.8-12.dsc
>
> Looks good. The patch provided by #586769 makes sense and is innocent enough.
>
> 1) Please, communicate all of these debian/patches upstream in whatever manner
> (the general aim, in the long run, is to share and merge with upstream, and
> not to diverge "developing" in debian/patches), and if any of them would not
> be accepted upstream for whatever reason it would make sense reflect that in
> their headers.

thanks for the advice, just sent an email to the upstream informing
about patches in the package and asking for their comments and
suggestions.
I will keep you informed of response. :)

> 2) 'DM-Upload-Allowed: yes' is set by whoever sponsor, though in your case it
> would make sense, but don't be that helpful ;-)

Why not? all my packages with DM Upload Allowed are in better shape
that others :P
I think it's helpful for small issues and changes (and why not, maybe
urgent issues)

> Let me know the status of 1) and I will sponsor.

Done!
Thanks in advance!
Greetings!

--