Re: RFS: mobile-broadband-provider-info (updated package)

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 20100702-1
>> of my package "mobile-broadband-provider-info".
> Uploaded. Please mail this list for future uploads.
> Some things you might want to look at (some mentioned previously):
> Since upstream uses autotools, you can use 'make distcheck' to create
> the tarball in debian/rules get-orig-source. Then let upstream know if
> that fails or produces a different tarball than what you need for
> Debian.

Okay ll do it!
> The 39 Ubuntu bugs, see if they apply to Debian/upstream and send
> patches as appropriate. At least two of those bugs contains a patch so
> it would be great if you could do this. At least one of them is fixed
> upstream and probably fixed in Debian already, you could close that
> one in launchpad. BTW, for future reference, if you put (LP: #1234) in
> debian/changelog then the appropriate launchpad bug will be closed
> when the package is autosynced to Ubuntu.

Okay sure! (I ve been forwarding the reports upstream based on their relevance)
> The upstream source still contains references to SVN, but it is now
> maintained in git, you might want to poke them about that.
> Upstream might want to look at CC0, which is a more internationalised
> version of CC-PD.

Mailed Anti about this.. Waiting for a response soon!

> --
> bye,
> pabs

Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community  member.
What matters in life is application of mind!,
It makes great sense to have some common sense..!