Re: RFS: mobile-broadband-provider-info (updated package)

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 20100702-1
> of my package "mobile-broadband-provider-info".

Uploaded. Please mail this list for future uploads.

Some things you might want to look at (some mentioned previously):

Since upstream uses autotools, you can use 'make distcheck' to create
the tarball in debian/rules get-orig-source. Then let upstream know if
that fails or produces a different tarball than what you need for
Debian.

The 39 Ubuntu bugs, see if they apply to Debian/upstream and send
patches as appropriate. At least two of those bugs contains a patch so
it would be great if you could do this. At least one of them is fixed
upstream and probably fixed in Debian already, you could close that
one in launchpad. BTW, for future reference, if you put (LP: #1234) in
debian/changelog then the appropriate launchpad bug will be closed
when the package is autosynced to Ubuntu.

The upstream source still contains references to SVN, but it is now
maintained in git, you might want to poke them about that.

Upstream might want to look at CC0, which is a more internationalised
version of CC-PD.

--
bye,
pabs