Re: RFS: snap2 rsync-based backup program with GUI (with Debian source)

Norbert,

Thanks very much for pointing out how lintian is used to check a source package.  I would have seen this if I had read the lintian man page carefully.

I looked at zenity.  From the man page which describes the command line options, I don't think it is capable of a complex dialog with different types of input fields and action buttons, all available in the same multi-tabbed (or menued) dialog. Gtkdialog uses a form of xml to build such complex dialogs.

I am also looking at other options (such as gtk2-perl).  However, my job allows me little time for rewriting snap2 in a different language.  In addition, I have to consider that snap2 may not be as interesting or as important to Debian users as I like to imagine.  What time I have for Debian might better be spent helping with an established Debian project.

Regards,
Lloyd