Re: RFS: marave - 2nd Attempt (Question: Royalty Free License)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:55:00 -0500
Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:

> Hi folks -
>
> Per the inspection from Paul, I mailed the folks at Partners In Rhyme
> about the use of the audio files from the email titled:
>
> Re: RFS: marave - 2nd Attempt
>
> There was some questioning about the copyrights that they have on
> their website so I thought I might try to pin down something a bit
> more exact.
>
> Here it the exchange posted. I hope this clears up the use of the
> files. If not, please let me know! I'll continue to work on a
> completed package by the weekend. Of course, all comments are welcome!
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chris

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:21:36 +0200
> From: Partners In Rhyme <partnersinrhyme.com@gmail.com>
> To: Chris Silva <racerx@makeworld.com>
> Subject: Re: Question: Royalty Free License
>

> Any of those three GPLs is fine.
>
> Regards,
> Mark Lewis
> Partners In Rhyme
>
> www.partnersinrhyme.com
> www.musicloops.com
> www.sound-effect.com
>

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Chris Silva <racerx@makeworld.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  *Question from Partners In Rhyme Site,*
> >

> > *Subject Of Inquiry:* Royalty Free License
> >
> > *Name:* Chris Silva
> >
> > *Email:* racerx@makeworld.com
> >
> > *Question:* I am a package maintainer for Debian. I am currently
> > working on a package called Marave (it\'s an editor for writing).
> > The author included some sound effects (clicks and beeps) from your
> > site. In order to meet Debian copyright rules, I need to know what
> > copyright to include in our Copyright file. For example, Open Source
> > code generally falls under GPL, GPL-2, and GPL-3. Please provide
> > this information so I can continue working on this package and
> > include your files. Thank you!

Please review this attempt. I know I still have one image file to work
with - the Copyright file is my biggest concern.

The respective dsc file can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/marave/marave_0.7-2.dsc

As always, thanks in advance and have a great day!

--
Best regards,

Chris