Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

>> The field should go away and be replaced with an out-of-band setting
>> that only a sponsor can change.

> Looks like there is the possibility of changing this:

> <Ganneff> feel free to give us dak patches making DM saner. you will be heard.

> (from the #debian-mentors)

The current DM implementation is weird in that it's dictated by a GR.  It
might be worth getting a ruling from the project secretary on whether we
need another GR to change the details of it (or, better, to make the
details of it up to existing core teams to implement).  I don't think that
would be a problem, but it would be a nasty surprise if we found that out
late in the process and something we could start the process on early.