Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> * Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>, 2010-06-15, 10:14:
> > I'd personally like to see DMUA move from source packages to a mail
> > bot or LDAP or something else.
>
> Same here. While I endorse the concept of Debian Maintainers, I am
> very unhappy with the way it is currently implemented.

As a Debian Maintainer, I agree.

Even if the maintainer doesn't want to subvert proper procedure, the
‘DM-Upload-Allowed’ field is an attractive nuisance. As a first-time
maintainer, it's all too easy to think that setting that field to “Yes”
is *helping* one's sponsor save time.

The field should go away and be replaced with an out-of-band setting
that only a sponsor can change.

--
 \        “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though |
  `\          nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.” |