Re: RFS: uwsgi

Hello David

On 10.06.2010 10:18, David Paleino wrote:
Hello Leonid,

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:36:27 +0200, David Paleino wrote:

> [RFS quote skipped]

While I'm interested in the package, I can't really sponsor it -- I have almost
no knowledge of CDBS to help you there.

  Nevertheless, thank you for applying efforts to reviewing the package.

I'll be looking for another sponsor; but if I'll not found any, may I (after getting rid of cdbs and reverting to plain debhelper) address my request personally to you once again?

However, here are a couple of things you should fix :)

New packages are uploaded to mentors.debian.net (URLs are the same as in the original RFS message).

I've fix almost all of issues. But some of them are disputable. Although I understand that you may have no intention to enter into discussion about this, I leave my thoughts just FYI (and for other maillist readers).

  Every unmentioned issue is fixed just as you recommended.

- you should remove debian/DEBIAN/ from the package

I use source package format '3.0 (quilt)'. As I read on Debian wiki [1] with this format debian directory from upstream tarball is automatically replaced by content of Maintainer debian directory at tarball unpack time. So manual removing of upstream debian directory is unnecessary.

But I'll send to upstream request to delete debian directory from official tarball in following releases.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0

- debian/control: libapache2-mod-uwsgi, does it work only with
   apache2-mpm-worker, apache2-mpm-prefork and apache2-mpm-itk? Doesn't it work
   with other MPMs?
   You might want to give one default, and add an alternative to apache2-mpm.
   Example:

     apache2-mpm-worker | apache2-mpm

   So you get all other MPMs for free, and you still get the default one you
   chose (if no other is installed) :)

I believe that mod_uwsgi works with any MPM. So I understand that it's a helpful advice, but when I took it, I've got problems.

MPM for Apache are mutually exclusive, so if I choose only one of them as dependency, I've take a decision, that may conflicts with user decision. Even dependency on apache2-mpm virtual package doesn't help.

I don't know why, but on my system (Debian unstable), when I have apache2-mpm-prefork installed, then installing of libapache2-mod-uwsgi with dependency on (apache2-mpm-worker | apache2-mpm) or even just on virtual package (apache2-mpm) conflicts with apache2-mpm-prefork.

  And apache2-mpm-prefork is popular as dependency of libpache2-mod-php5.

If I change (apache2-mpm-worker | apache2-mpm) to (apache2-mpm-prefork | apache2-mpm), then it will conflicts with apache2-mpm-worker etc.

So I decide to make libapache2-mod-uwsgi Depends on (apache2) instead of (apache2-mpm*).