Re: Specifying %{variable} in control file for use in postinst?

156 lines of twisted pre-processing bash code but it works. You can do
a strange merged deb/rpm structure as follows:

~/mypackagedir/distrospecificfilesdir
~/mypackagedir/SPECS
~/mypackagedir/SOURCES
~/mypackagedir/RPMS
etc for rpm.
~/mypackagedir/mypackagedir
~/mypackagedir/mypackagedir/DEBIAN
~/mypackagedir/mypackagedir/mypackageroot

Additionally you can bundle all of the spec file and preprocessing
bash scripts all into DEBIAN since they do not take up much space.  I
am going to try to symlink DEBIAN to SPECS and see if it works. I
haven't tried it yet. The above is a way you can mush it all together
into one common subdirectory for both rpm and deb building then move
it around without too much pain from one system to another with the
less duplication.

-- IV