Re: Specifying %{variable} in control file for use in postinst?

Moving on.

As suggested I am simply going to have to hack/kludge rpm and deb with
a bunch of sed pre-processing of the respective spec, control and
postinst to make it work.

These two divergent schemes put a large burden of effort on developers
and documenters. Wish I could get deb and rpm folks in the same room
and say: can you make this easier to do cross-platform work with both
these package systems like linux filesystem standard?

DEBIAN is roughly equivalent to SPECS: change to a common third like PACK.
SOURCES is practically the same as the root of DEBIAN, change to a
common scheme.
Unify control file and spec header names they are practically the same thing.

-- IV