Re: "Breaks" or "Conflicts"?

Le 6 avr. 10 à 16:41, Eugene V. Lyubimkin a écrit :

Thibaut Paumard wrote:

In my case, due to the triggers mechanisms, bad things will happen
_during the dpkg run_ if dpkg launches the trigger when the files of B and C are present (even if B is deconfigured). Is this something that is
possible, or will dpkg make sure B is upgraded before triggering
update-A-doc? I get the impression the right thing to do would be to
deconfigure _A-doc_ until B has been upgraded...

This looks quite complicated to me. But as you mentioned 'update-A- doc', I guess it's a manual-written script? Can you just fix it in C so it performs necessary checks and does the right thing regardless of B is present (even
partly) or not?

Hi again,

update-A-doc (actually update-yorickdoc) uses A (=yorick). The point is that A is broken when both B(old) and C(new) are present. I could fix update-yorickdoc to detect breakage of yorick, not do anything and return successfully, but that is certainly wrong: if update-yorickdoc fails, it should report failure.

Regards, Thibaut.