Re: dpkg-buildpackage misunderstanding my instructions ...

2010/3/28 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> Dear Joachim,
>
> On Mar 28 2010, Wuttke, Joachim wrote:
>> $ cat rules
>> #!/usr/bin/make -f
>> # -*- makefile -*-
>> %:
>>         dh  $@
>>
>> If these arcane lines must be modified, I would be most
>> grateful for help -
>
> You are correct that these lines may be confusing, since there is a lot
> of abstraction and implicit behaviour done by those simple and terse
> lines.
>
> Using debhelper's version 7 is a good thing for just getting the
> packaging working when you know about some of the implementation details
> (and, here, the implementation details matter).
>
> I would suggest that you take a notice on Sune Vuorela's e-mail:
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/05/msg00614.html
>
> You may want to use the debhelper-version-5-style debian/rules file, so
> that you can see it better what is happening and which file goes where.

You can also set DH_VERBOSE in debian/rules to see what commands
debhelper is running:

http://manpages.debian.net/man/7/debhelper
http://manpages.debian.net/man/1/dh

debhelper has really good documentation, check out the manual pages
where you are confused.

I'd strongly recommend watching Joey Hess' talk at DebConf9:

https://penta.debconf.org/dc9_schedule/events/418.en.html

--
bye,
pabs