Re: SIGAR Python packaging

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
Hello Thiago,

Hello Sandro,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 15:31, Thiago Franco Moraes <tfmoraes@cti.gov.br> wrote:
> In order to create the SIGAR debian package, I did the folowing:
> 1. Checked out the source code from SIGAR trunk (the python binding
> didn't work in the other versions)

but below:
if you use a not-yet-released-version, then mark it as such in the
version you upload: the version above seems it's the official 1.7.0
while, from what you wrote, it seems you're doing the package from a
SVN snapshot, so use something like 1.7.0~svn<rev number> (information
at [l1])

[l1] http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi/Svn_get-orig-source

> 2. Created a folder "debian" on the source-code folder

that's not enough: at least you have to fill all the needed files in
debian/ dir. A usual start is running dh_make, that creates a
templates of several files in debian/ you can customize for the
project at hand.

These files were inside the folder I mentioned before.

> 3. And then used the "debuild" command
>
> The SIGAR source-code used and the debian folder created are available at
> [4].
we need a link to the .dsc file, and in the same location the
orig.tar.gz and .diff.gz should be present so that dget <url to >.dsc
will download all the 3.

I've just made the file available at:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817671/packages/sigar_1.7.0%7Esvn5287-1.dsc

Regards,