SIGAR Python packaging

Dear All,

I've created the debian package for SIGAR [1] Python binding. I'd like
to improve it so it could be added to the Debian official repository.
Could you help me?

Our team is being supported by DebianMed [2] to create an offical
package of InVesalius [3], a 3D medical imaging software developed
using Python. Currently the only dependency of InVesalius that is not
available at the Debian official repository is SIGAR. Andreas Tille
suggested we posted a message to this mailing list, so we could solve
this dependency problem.

SIGAR (System Information Gatherer and Reporter)  is a cross-platform,
cross-language library and command-line tool for accessing operating
system and hardware level information and has bindings for Python,
Java, Perl and other programming languages.

In order to create the SIGAR debian package, I did the folowing:
1. Checked out the source code from SIGAR trunk (the python binding
didn't work in the other versions)
2. Created a folder "debian" on the source-code folder
3. And then used the "debuild" command

The SIGAR source-code used and the debian folder created are available at [4].

Both i386 and amd64 debian packages are available at InVesalius'
dependencies page [5,6]

Thanks in advance,

Thiago

[1] http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home