Bittorrent infrastructure (was: Regarding GSoC)

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:16:24PM -0500, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this
> > year and have a project that pertains to the distribution of
> > Debian over BitTorrent.This is somewhat a solution to the problem
> > posted on the Idea List page ( http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/RobustBitTorrentInfrastructure)
[..]
> That sounds cool. Can you email a link to the paper to this list?
> You might also check with the debian-mirrors list to see if people
> there find it interesting.

Trackers are actually admined by cdimage people, so debian-cd is
relevant too.

About distributing Debian ISO, Metalink has been suggested by the past,
in order to benefit from *all* FTP, HTTP and bittorrent sources.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=metalink+debian+site%3Alists.debian.org&btnG=Rechercher&meta=&aq=f&oq=

--
Simon Paillard