Re: Regarding GSoC

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

Hello everyone.

I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this year and have a project that pertains to the distribution of Debian over BitTorrent.This is somewhat a solution to the problem posted on the Idea List page ( http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/RobustBitTorrentInfrastructure)

I had written a technical paper about it, which explains in detail as to how content distribution can be maximized in a BitTorrent download.

I won't say that it would be the solution to all your distribution problems, but yes - if implemented, Debian would be able to reduce some of the downtime/ congestion it suffers when using BitTorrent CDN.

If any mentor is interested, I can send over the paper; it has the idea explained in detail. After that, we can proceed accordingly.

That sounds cool. Can you email a link to the paper to this list? You might also check with the debian-mirrors list to see if people there find it interesting.

-- Asheesh.

--
Lisp is a programmable programming language.
                -- John Foderaro, [3]CACM, September 1991